Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Day 4 of Christmas Stitching

Day 4- When is a Christmas stocking not a stocking?  Today, of course!  I found this really cute project on Embroidery Designs.com here.  



It is made from a purchased Christmas stocking found in every store at this time of the year. The directions are very thorough so be sure to DL them and print them out.  I selected the snowman from the Pfaff icon found in the Holidays selection.  It is an appliqué design and I used a furry type of felt for his body.
There is also a really cute appliqué snowman in the built-in designs on the Viking Epic that would work as well.



I added my granddaughter's name to the cuff of the stocking and instead of a decorative cording, I used a grosgrain ribbon and embellished it with a ribbon stitch.


Since the fleece is difficult to hoop, I used Floriani's Perfect Stitch and then add Floriani's Water Soluble topping to the top of the fleece.  This is a very festive way to give a gift to any little girl.  Are your stockings hung by the chimney with care, yet?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...