Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine Table Decorations

Happy Valentine's Day!


I like to decorate my table even if no one sits down for a fancy dinner!  To be honest, I decorate my house for every holiday and I have since my kids were little.  Now my grandchildren enjoy each holiday and I am happy to celebrate with them as long as I can!

I love Kimberbell designs and stitch them often.  This collection includes the traditional cutwork technique and can be completed in no time with purchased napkins.


Last fall I taught this class using a Thanksgiving theme and it is so versatile, it is perfect for any holiday. So I switched up the fabric and designs and added a cutwork napkin to create a whole new look.


It was quite easy to stitch out two of these in the 200 x 200mm Quilters Hoop.  I hooped Cut Away stabilizer and stitched out the first step with the napkin outline and the heart decoration.  Be sure to use Rayon thread in both the top and bobbin!  Trim the extra fabric and then add the backing and stitched the outline again.  Trim out the back as well (not shown).


After completing the stitch out for both napkin holders, I then used a heat tool to trim close to the edge of the stabilizer.  If you use Polyester thread, it will melt the thread.


I love adding my buttonholes in embroidery and I can say I have never used the manual button attachment.

Stitching the cutwork design was quite easy following Kimberbell's directions.
The design collection contains both a pumpkin and holly and berry designs.



I am always excited when our customers share their projects and Melanie's photo sharing her Valentine stitching with us is perfect.




I found this cute Valentine cross stitch design on the Aurifil site.  I no longer cross stitch by hand but in my Premier+2 software!  Download your free pattern here and have fun.


I hoped you enjoyed this SEW special Valentine event and if you are ever in the Tampa Bay area, please visit us.





Director of Design and Creativity

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. www.tischdeko.de

    ReplyDelete

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...