Tuesday, February 12, 2019

XOXO Love Part 2

Part 2 - Cutting your Appliqué Creator designs.  

I actually cut the designs which match the placement files exactly.  I was surprised in that the satin stitching was wide enough to cover the edge as this doesn't always happen with some appliqué designs.

Once I removed all of the layers, the design was very faint and hard to see.  So I changed the line color to black and 1.0 in width.


Once I did that I noticed that I had an open path and so I closed it using the 'Edit nodes' function. Terri Johnson Creates blog has an excellent post here to help you understand more clearly this process.



Once I deleted the red dot, it closed the path and I was able to fill it with my colors.  I like to arrange and group my designs together and in this way I can make them separate colors.  I followed Terri's directions and added a 1.0 mm offset to the design.


I deleted the internal designs and now I am ready to cut my design.  I have a Cameo 2 and so the software looks different than the Cameo 3.


I sprayed my fabric with Terial magic, let dry and press.  I then ironed Heat and Bond Lite to the back of the fabric and placed it on the mat.  Be sure to use a brayer or a scraper to make sure it is tight to the mat.


Nice clean, crisp cuts.


This was a very popular class and several of the ladies finished their projects in time for the holiday.


Melanie L was ambitious and made two plus napkins and napkin holders for her table.



Janet F finished hers and made another with a Salsa theme


Carol's design is not quite finished but I like the color combination.


These looked too nice to actually use them!  But this project sure had my creative juices spinning again!


Director of Design and Creativity













No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...