Thursday, December 6, 2018

Day 6 of Christmas Stitching

Day 6- Do you send Christmas cards?  It is no secret that sending Christmas cards in the digital age is declining.  As a child I remember my family receiving so many cards, they covered the hallway door frames and the stair steps wall.  So far I have received 2 cards this year.  Today's project is the perfect size for the small amount of Christmas cards that I will receive.


I used the natural linen and a 14" wooden embroidery hoop.  I cut two 18" x 18" squares and folded one in half.  I placed the design by centering it in the folded 9" x 18" linen.  Once I finished the embroidery, I hooped the fabric pieces together and trimmed the excess fabric.  I used a glue gun to glue the fabric to the wooden hoop and added a ribbon bow and greenery.

To create the center design, I found the Santa hats design in the Holidays section of the icon.  I mirrored it left to right, and moved it to the left of the screen.

Then select the Fonts, Curlz 20 and type in "MERRY CHRISTMAS". 


Then open Shape Creator and select the circle shape counter clockwise. Select the spacing in Positioning > Left justified in the group.  Resize to 240 x 240.

Rotate using the fine tune to 335° . Touch OK to exit Shape Creator. Center the Santa Hats and the Merry Christmas. Select the Color edit Window and all of the letters and changed them to green.  There is one blue color and I am guessing that is the space.?


Center the lettering with the Santa Hats and in the Layers screen, Select All and Group. Save your design.

Here is a project I made two years ago with the same design.  One can never have too many pillows!


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.  Please leave me a comment if you are enjoying this series of the 12 Days of Christmas Stitching.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...