Friday, February 1, 2019

L-O-V-E is in the air!

Welcome to the first post of our special Valentine sewing blog ideas.  This project includes both embroidery, heat transfer vinyl and bling.



When planning my design, I found inspiration in a lesson by Floriani from a few years ago. One of their products is Craft N Cut and if you are interested in the software, just let us know.

I created the appliqué heart in the software and added a row of rhinestones for the bling.


I saved the file using the SAVE 2 Cut function and it separated the appliqué and the rhinestones into two files.

To prepare the fabric I sprayed Terial Magic, let dry and then ironed them.  I then pressed Appli-Kay Wonder to the back and placed the fabric on the mat.



I loaded the designs into the Silhouette Designer Edition software and pulled the rhinestone design and the smaller HTV foil heart of the mat.



I cut the large heart at 4" and the smaller heart at 3"


I divided the  18" square into 4 quadrants.  Then measure the top right quadrant and find the vertical and horizontal center.  I then hooped the Tear Away stabilizer and floated the pillow fabric and stitched the basting box.



I definitely was happy with the results.


I then cut the rhinestone template using the crystal template material instead of sticky flock. 


Then brush the rhinestones in place and add the transfer tape to the top and press it onto the heart. 


Cut the HTV foil and then press into place following the manufacturer's directions.  I added the HTV letters and the embroidered design into the other three sections.  My pillow definitely needed stitches to divided the sections and that gave me the perfect opportunity to use my heart ribbon stitches.  


I hope you enjoy our non-caloric treats as we stitch our way into the month of February.


Director of Design and Creativity













No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...