Sunday, March 31, 2019

Stabilizer Savvy

Sometimes life sends you for a loop and unfortunately I picked up Bronchitis from my little guy.  So, to make up for the missed event-thanks to Cindy S. for filling in for me - I will create a series of blog posts to share what information I had created.

There are all kinds of stabilizer on the market today but I am going to concentrate on Floriani and Inspira because those are the two brands we sell at Scrap & Sew.

There are basically 5 categories of stabilizers:

1. Water Soluble
2. Cut Away
3. Tear Away
4. Specialty
5. Batting

Inspira has a system to help you select the right choice for your project. They color code the labels to make it easier to identify the stabilizer type.

Lavender - Tear A Way, Tear A Way Light etc.
Coral - Specialty such as Clean n melt, Tear n Wash, Hydro stick etc.
Lime Green - Cut Away (including No Shop Mesh)
Blue- Water soluble

You will also notice the symbols  such as a water drop or scissors.


The larger 10 yd Value rolls have a color flower motif to denote the category of stabilizer.


They also have an app called Creative Cue and on your icon and JoyOSAdvisor on your Epic machine as well to give you additional information about the stabilizers.  Such a handy feature!


Pfaff Creative Cue

JoyOS Advisor

Floriani stabilizers are not so easily identifiable, but they have a wealth of accessible knowledge to help you decide what is the best stabilizer for your project.

Inside each tube of stabilizer is a handy 8.5 x 11" sheet of pertinent information regarding the use and care of each stabilizer. Here is an example of one from the Wet n Gone stabilizer.


Here is a link to the workbook and guides that they have created for you to download. I recommend that you download and print the Quick Reference Guide- is the tool I use all of the time.  The workbook is handy but you can create your own workbook as you collect the inside sheets from your stabilizers.

There is also an app for your Smart Phones- follow the directions to dl it to your phone.  It is nice to have  quick video explaining how to use the stabilizer.


Of course there was not enough time to go over an example of every type of stabilizer but I highlighted a few and I will share some of my examples in the coming weeks on the blog.

If you don't want to miss a post, then sign up for the email notification in the top right of this blog.

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I will try and answer your questions as quickly as I can.















2 comments:

  1. Cindy did a great job and we had a great time, but we sure missed you! Hope you make a quick recovery. Thanks for the helpful links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There is more to come...stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...