Friday, March 27, 2020

Scrap & Sew Along starting soon!



I am excited to share with you all, our very first Sew Along at Scrap & Sew! Many times in my life I have had to go to a "Plan B", have you? This is such a challenging time for all of us and since my classes have been canceled at this time, I have decided to start a ' Sew Along'.  I dug through a number of my classes to find something that I thought would work. So starting Monday I will be featuring blog posts so you too can 'sew along' with me.

Starting Thursday April 2nd is my Fat Quarter Flap bag. I designed this pattern in 2001-WOW- after spending all day working at a store cutting fat quarters.  It was very popular and I sold a ton of patterns.  After about 2 years, there were so many bag patterns on the market, I decided it was time for a change.

The supplies are minimal and perfect for all of those fat quarters that you have been saving a project... You will need 7 fat quarters or cut your yardage into a 18" x 22" piece. Any sewing machine will be fine since you will only need a straight stitch.  I will be working on my Pfaff Creative Icon.

The next Sew Along will feature the Silhouette Cameo and your embroidery machine.  It will begin Monday April 13th.   It will feature the free Cupcake pillow project from Kimberbell's web site. I am using a charm square pack for my project, but scraps will work as well.



Lastly, I will be featuring a serger Sew Along using a basic 4 thread stitch, so any overlock machine will work.  I am using the Pfaff 4872.  It will start Thursday April 23rd.  It is a small baby quilt perfect for tummy time.

I hope you will be able to join me and use up your stash as well.  Don't forget to sign up for emails alerts ( upper right hand corner of the page) so you don't miss any posts.

If you have any questions, just post them in the comments.  See you on Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...