Friday, April 17, 2020

Finishing the Cupcake Pillow

Hopefully everyone has finished embroidering their cupcakes embroidery.  I have to admit that my mojo is dwindling.  I am not sure if it is because I have been inside for so long or not.  But I am going to finish this project because I really do not need another unfinished project.

Step #1

Trim your cupcake blocks to 4 .5" , centering the cupcake.  I trimmed mine to 5" because I was not trimming down my charm squares.  Arange your cupcake blocks and accent blocks .




Step #2

With right sides together sew row #1, then #2, then #3 and press each row towards the accent block.  Then sew all rows together and press seams.  I changed my mind and move a few of the blocks around.





Complete the pillow following the Kimberbell directions or mix it up and change it to a wallhanging or a bench pillow.  I am thinking about embroidering on it for my granddaughter's 5th birthday next month.  Be Creative and share your ideas.  Send me a picture and I will add it to this post.

Here is our super awesome Cathy's pillow front.  No embroidery, but traitional appliqué.  Looks like she will be quilting the pillow top.



Kudos to Anna C for finishing her cupcake pillow. She added quilted hearts to each accent block and I love her cupcake backing. 



I hope you enjoyed this Sew Along.  The Serger Sew Along has been replaced.  Oh no!  No worries- it will reappear as soon as I can get my act together.😄

In the meantime, I am going to start the Fort Worth Mystery Quilt on Monday and you can follow along with me as I attempt to make a small quilt.  It probably should be called the Good, the Bad and the oh so ugly! ...we'll see.



This is the fabric kit they are working with but I will share my fabric choices starting Monday.  You may be surprised- hint it is not red,white and black.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...