Wednesday, April 22, 2020

HST Pinwheel Block - Week 1 Part II

Welcome back.  I decided to break this first week into two parts to give you enough time  to sew along with me.

The second block is the Half Square Triangle Pinwheel block and my design boards are ready to go.


Bugs in the Garden version


My finished block



Watermelon Picnic version


 My finished block





Cutting Directions:

**Color A or the white tone on tone:  you will use the 1 .25 yards of fabric

You will need to cut 8x 4'"x 4" pieces of color A from the 12 you cut yesterday
and 4x 2" x 5.5" rectangles from the 8 you cut as well.

**Color D are the points of the pinwheel:  

You will need 4x 4'"x 4" pieces of color D.

**Color E is the accent fabric of the star: 10" x 10" square

You will need to cut 2x 4" x 4" squares for the block.

**Color F is the other accent fabric of the star: 10" x 10" square

You will need to cut 2x 4" x 4" squares for the block.

**Color J is the small center block: - cut a 6" square fabric piece

You will need to use one  2" x 2" squares - for the center of the HST Pinwheel block.

Sewing Directions:

This is the same video from yesterday but start at 20:46 for the beginning of the HST Pinwheel block


                                 

The steps are very similar to the HST Star Block 




This finishes Week 1-  Are you having as much fun as I am?  I hope so.  If you are sewing along, please share with me your finished blocks for week 1 and I can post them here.

Week 2 is more involved and I will share with you my design boards on Friday.  See you then!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...