Friday, April 24, 2020

Large HST Blocks - Week 2

This week was a tough one for me to try and select the fabrics to work with and get all of the blocks done for TWO quilts.  Seriously - what was I thinking?!!

I just started working on the watermelon version, so I will have that ready on Monday.  To get you started, here is my design board for Week 2.


I have to tell you I could not envision my color combinations in my head, which is rather rare for me.  So I was sewing this blindly.  Are you ready for the next 5 blocks!

Cutting Directions:

Color A: 

Cut 2X - 9" x 9" squares and 20 2" x 5.5" rectangles

Color B:

Cut 1x - 2" x 2" square

Color C:

Cut 2x 9" x 9" squares

Color F:

Cut 1x 12.5" x 12.5" square

Color G:

Cut 1x 12.5" x 12.5" square

Color: H:

Cut 2X - 7" x 7" squares

Color I:

Cut 2X - 7" x 7" squares

Color K:  

Cut 1x - 2" x 2" square


I dug into my pile of fabric scraps and I was able to use some of my original fabric pieces that I pulled out.  There are 3 blue scraps right next to the yellow and they were big enough to cut for these blocks.



Yvette has done a fabulous job in sewing out these blocks so I have included her video here.

Here are my 5 blocks all layed out.  Not really sure of the arrangement but I wanted to see how they were coming together.



My husband and I decided we both liked the second version but they are two toally different looks. We'll see how they all come together in the end.

Back to work to be able to post for Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...