Thursday, May 14, 2020

Week 3 & 4 QST Blocks are a Real Challenge

I have to tell you that week 3 & 4 almost did me in! I am almost finished and ready to trim the blocks but I had to take a break.One of the reasons that I do not love to quilt is I lose interest after doing a few blocks and I want to move on. And that is exactly what happened.



I selected my fabrics for these strips and decided after I made a few that this would be my design. With this arrangement, the dark blue and red/black dots would be the red dots and blue checks as seen  in the sample above.


Once I stitched and pressed the blocks, I watched the video and I am glad that I did.  She made an error herself and then shared her method of cutting an accurate 4.5" block using the Half Bloc ruler.  I would definitely recommend that you watch the video to help you with this week. Fast forward to 23:08 where she explains the correct method to cut the blocks.




Several group members have completed their blocks and given a tons of tips that I would share in the event you are in the same mental place that I am.

Here is a ruler that someone shared- I sure do wish I had that ruler now.




Also others shared that pressing the seams open helped reduce the bulk and another suggesting snipping a few stitches out of the center and pressing them in their corresponding direction.



If you completed this week, then good for you.  As for me I am still working on it day by day.  So stay tune.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...