Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Ahoy Matey!

Welcome back to Nautical Week at Scrap & Sew.  Today I am featuring the 3 panels from the Coastal Skinnies pattern using the Whale of a Time fabrics from Studio E.


We love these Seasonal Skinnies by the Ribbon Candy Quilt Company and you can find a large selection of the patterns at the store.  You may also see  another one pop up on a Bundle Buddies post in the future.


The reason I love them is they are quick and easy and use scraps or small pueces for the appliqué.  What is so unique is that I cut them out with my Silhouette Cameo and then used the traitional 'pin stitch' or blanket stitch appliqué to complete the skinny.

I taught this class last year - it was called "To Trace or Not? that is the questions...  here are the files that I used to teach the class. What fun!



I also used my 12" x 24" mat to cut out the fabric pieces.  I seldom cut out my appliqué designs by hand and using the Silhouette Cameo is so much quicker. Stop by the store or give us a call (813-749-0888) if you would like to buy this pattern or any of the fabrics.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...