Monday, October 25, 2021

Day 5 Running Around in Circles?

Everyone knows that Halloween starts the holiday season in the US, right?  I suspect pretty soon all of us will be running around in circles. so let's do this right and break out the Circular Attachment!

Pfaff Circular Attachment
Husqvarna Viking Circular Attachment 

I fell in love with the vintage circular attachment with the rubber stopper and used it often on my 7570.  But living in Florida, the rubber rotted and that was the end of it.

Today's tool is much more than just circles as you can see in the picture above. Cindy used it to add the binding to the bottom circle for her flipping out tote. So clever!



I love using it and have taught several classes with different project ideas.  One of my favorites is my Jack Skellington place mat.  I combined the perfect circles with the stitches on the Creative icon, including the floating stitches. I am the 'queen' of decorative stitches, which is the reason I bought my 7550 in the first place!


But today's project is something different. "Before covid" (I am using this as a marker in our lives) I taught a class using stuffed circles to create a stack of pumpkins. Not totally my idea since I saw it on the Therm-o-web site, I just mixed it up a bit.


I cut several squares of fabric scraps and started stitching circles with right sides together adjusting the slider, which makes them the various sizes.  I cut them with the pinking shears and snipped a hole in the center. I turned them right side out and stuffed them with fiberfill.


Then I used a extra long doll needle and embroidery floss and stitched the sections into place, pulling the floss as tight as I could.


The last step is to stack them in order with the cut side up and use a very long length of floss and thread the sections together.  Start from the top and stitch all of them together and oull tightly. I added a sloppy bow (they are the rage now) and stitched it to the top.


One of the ladies in the class made a Halloween 'Stack o' Pumpkins and I thought it was so cute!

I am working on another stack right now for Christmas and I will share when it is finished.  I hope you are enjoying this countdown.  



 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...