Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Day 7 Only for Looks

 This is an easy project to finish just in time for the holiday. A few days ago I posted a project that I had started based on a Viking blog post.  If you missed it, you can find it here.

So I had this length of ribbon and decided it was too pretty to be useful! we always have towel blanks at the store, so I selected a solid black towel and added the ribbon down the center of the towel.  It looked quite lonely on the towel, so I decided to check out some of the designs and lettering on the machine. I created the line of stitching and decided to sew out a practice sample.  I drew a chalk line 1" from the edge of the ribbon and used 'Glow in the Dark' thread.


This laser feature on the Epic 2 is fabulous and I am waiting patiently for the icon 2 to come out, that's for sure!

Notice how easy it is to stitch a straight line of lettering when you have the laser on. I combine a 9mm black cat silhouette with the Comic 12mm lettering and I absolutely love how it stitched out.


When I don't know what I am going to do with a design I either make a pillow or a towel. These projects are made 'only for looks' meaning DO NOT USE!  Is anyone else like that?

I decided early on it would have to have some kind of trim becuse this fabric was begging to be added it to the towel.


I decided to dig out my ruffler and make pleats with it rather than ruffles. If you need a refresher in how to use the ruffler, Cindy made a You Tube video on the Scrap and Sew channel.  She explains how to put it on the machine and how to set it up.


The finished towel is now in its place of honor and is just for looks only!


Stop by tomorrow for Day 8 of Halloween project ideas.  Thanks for stopping by.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...