Thursday, October 28, 2021

Day 8 Pumpkins and more

You know it must be fall when the Pumpkin Spice coffee hits the shelves! Love it or hate it, the flavor is what starts the season.  I went to Dunkin (its new name) and there wasn't any left. The guy told us the season is over.  Not for me, though.


Pumpkins are seasonal decor and you will find them everywhere. The iconic carved pumpkin will be happening in the next few days because if you carve it earlier, it rots before Halloween!


I love making pumpkins and I have been making them for years but when the Creative icon came out I was able to add a whole new look with the floating stitches! Here is my practice sample using Floriani orange and black twisted thread in both the needle and the bobbin. Love it!  

I taught this class in 2018 and we had a few requests for the class again, so I am teaching it again on Friday.






It is a great lesson in using Perfect Positioning and using designs from your machine, both the Epic and Epic 2 and the icon.


But the best part was joining the pieces with the floating stitches.  Using a black 40 wt polyester thread in both the needle and bobbin really gives a dramtic effect.


This class they can either make the Halloween or the Fall pumpkins. Using varigated thread in both needle and bobbin and adding felted leaves and creative twist paper changes the design completely.


Don't forget there are two other models that have the floating stitches the Quilt Expression 720 and the Performance icon. Iris M made this pumpkin on her new 720.  Instead of a the embroidery designs she added a Maxi Art stitch and added decorative stitches in the middle. How clever!


I hope that gives you some inspiration ro make your own seasonal pumpkins. Stop back tomorrow for more Halloween ideas.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...