Saturday, December 18, 2021

Last Minute Gift Ideas

 


Only 1 week until Christmas Day!  Are you ready yet?  Not me, the only thing I have managed to accomplish is to mail my grandchildren's gifts.  But I do consider it a BIG accomplishment.  I had to fit int two gifts that were odd shape, like a stuffed animal.  So I dug into my scrap Christmas fabric- c'mon I know you have one- and made two quick and easy gift bags.

My granddaughter wanted the popular 'Pop it Figet' toys and I found a few rainbow designs on Amazon.  The box didn't fit into the shipping box I had but the fabric bag could be squished into a space. Viola! Yes, I created the gift tag to match but you do know that a store bought tage would work as well.


For my grandson I made a larger gift bag to hold his Marshall stuffed toy and matching blanket.  Again I needed to squish it into a space, so this was perfect.


You can find a quick and easy pattern by Karen Charles on the Husqvarna Viking page here. 


I cut up my scraps and sewed strips to the top to add to the bag.  I just inserted ribbon as the drawstrings and skipped the beads. But as you can see you can embroider a quick design for that special person in your life.



You don't really need a top of the line machine to make these gift bags.  We have a fabulous pre-loved Passport 3.0 which would be a perfect gift for someone to make these last minute gift ideas. Contact the store for more information.

Stop back tomorrow for a quick Dollar Tree gift idea.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...