Sunday, July 5, 2020

Let's Talk Gardening this Week!

It is hot, hot HOT here in Tampa, but much of the country is enjoying beautiful blooms in their gardens. SO I thought this week would be a perfect week to feature gardening projects.  Off to Pinterest I go and I found several great project ideas to CASE.  To CASE as a verb means to copy and share everything.  Casing etiquette requires you to give credit to where you found the project and I am all about that.  


I found this cute project idea on the Janome Project page here.  You can donwload the instructions but I have included my version of the indoor/outdoor planters in your bundle as well.

I must admit - I love gnomes! I have lived with them my entire life and I even have a few vintage ones hanging out in my garden. I painted these fo rmy mom's garden in the 70's.  Now they hang out in my garden.



When I saw this fabric, I knew I just had to use this for my little outdoor planters.

Garden Gnomes 



I added some of my favorite fat quarters for the circular bottom and cuff.

Expressions Apple Green


    Spotted by Zen Chic #1660



The original pattern called for Outdoor UV & Water Resistant polyester fabric (Sunbrella) and thread but I decided to adapt it to what I had on hand. I found some Heat n Bond Iron-On Vinyl and used that to cover the fabric.

Applying this product can be a bit tricky, so watch this video for a fail-proof application. I added a presscloth on top of the paper grid for an added protection.


The directions.tutorial are tucked into your bundle buddie for another summer project of fun.  Remember all of my bundle buddies need only a basic straight stitch machine to complete.

Come back again this week for some more gardening projects.  I may have made them or I may have not. 😀












No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...