Friday, October 22, 2021

Day 2 Halloween Coasters and Heat n Bond Liquid Vinyl

Say what? I know there is an iron-on vinyl but a liquid vinyl? who knew?  Thermoweb has come out with a liquid vinyl that you apply with a paintbrush or a spongebrush.

 
I noticed in their ad that they were featuring coasters with this product.  So I dug out my Halloween coasters I made a few years ago and got right to work.


The coasters were made with Shape Creator and Appliqué Creator and these two features can be found on several of the Pfaff embroidery machines.  My first step was to create a Satin circle about 4 inches wide.



I then select Shape Creator and went into the mini designs and selected the spider and the spider web.



When I selected the combination icon I brought in the spider web first and then the spider.
                                          

I then brought in two more copies of each and ended up with 6 total.  I then reduced the size to fit inside the satin stitch circle.

                          

Here is a close up of the coaster as I designed it.


When I embroidered them.I used Wet n Gone and and trimmed the edges before I selected the satin stitch.  

I added two coats of Heat n Bond vinyl following the directions.  I did let it dry between each coat.  I pressed them using an appliqué pressing sheet.  They are now ready for a party and some wine!



If you have any questions or comments please share below.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...