Saturday, October 23, 2021

Day 3 mySewnet Saturday

 You know the saying, right?  'If it is free, it's for me!' Well today's blog post is all about the FREE designs on the mySewnet blog. When I turned on the store Epic 2 machine, I was so excited to find this stitched pumpkin appliqué design.

I read the information and downloaded the stitch to the cloud on the machine. One of the features of the machine is the step-by-step tutorial to follow for stitching out these designs. 


I was pretty lucky today that I could sew this out in between customers. I cut a length of our wide organza ribbon (did you know we have a few colors of ribbon in the store?) and attached it to a length of sticky back water soluble stabilizer.  I cut several 1 1/2 " squares of orange spotted fabric and threaded the machine with black thread in the top and bottom.

I started sewing and adding the fabric behind the needle for the pumpkin appliqué.  It went rather fast and was fun to stitch.


After I stitched out the length of pumpkins, I then trimmed the fabric around the appliqué and rinsed out the stabilizer.


Now to figure out what to do with ribbon trim.  If you have any ideas, let me know.  I have a few more projects with the designs posted on the blog today so be sure to check back here tomorrow.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...