Thursday, October 21, 2021

Day 1 Start the countdown to Halloween


Welcome back to our blog.  We have all been 'sew' busy that I have not been able to post in a regular fashion.  But I love Halloween and I have made so many different projects so I recruited the rest of the staff to share some of their favorite projects as well.  So check back here for the next ten days until Halloween to see what Scrap & Sew has to offer.

Last year at this time, many of us were embroidering the very popular BOO-levard bench pillow by Kimberbell. Even though the kits are gone, we have many many bolts of fabric to make the bench pillow this year.

This pillow was such an inspiration to me that I made a few more projects from this collection.  Have you thought of pulling out your collections and see how you can create a new project for Hallowenn this year?

I had a orange t-shirt in my stash and decided to stitch one of the blocks on it. Using the name of the block, I add the saying to the shirt. Instead of embroidering the t-shirt I used the Silhouette Cameo and black glitter flex and pressed it on.



I then decided to slightly enlarged the pumpkin file to create earrings to coordinate with the shirt. This time I used the copper color Glitter Flex with the black embroidery thread and added the earring findings.



Be sure to stop by each day and see more projects with this collection as well as some other patterns that we carry at the store.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, not exactly but it is on the horizon.  This is my second favorite holiday and I love making all of the heart designs and of course the...